Instagram recently shared some insights as stories in their creators account.
We collected Top 7 interesting facts for you.
- Engagement doesn’t depend on content type (yep, video doesn’t perform better).
- Account type also has no effect on engagement (so Business and Creators profiles not perform worse).
- Likes and comments in first minutes after posting is not better for engagement then same count of likes after a few hours.
- Count of chars or words in comments doesn’t affect algorithm work.
- Instargram is good in detecting likes from automated services or chats for mutual like exchange. These likes just shadow banned for engagement.
- Reactions on stories and video views are good, exits are bad. Pretty obvious.
- Instagram uses Machine Learning in their ranging algorithm so algorithm improves itself every second. Most likely algorithm changed several times while you were reading this article.